The property assessed clean energy (PACE) model is a financing program from the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
PACE allows homeowners to finance certain energy efficient home improvement projects with $0 down and no credit check. The cost of the improvement is added to the homeowner’s property tax bill and paid for over a set period of times, usually 10 to 20 years.
What You Need To Know About PACE
- $0 down and no credit check for qualified borrowers
- Spreads payments over many years, making major home improvement projects more affordable
- Debt is tied to the property and can transfer to new owner if sold
- Must have proven track record of paying mortgage on time, and proof of income
- Added as a property assessment to your tax bill and secured by the property itself
How To Apply
PACE financing is not a “loan” as it is attached to your property tax bill as an assessment. As such, you don’t get PACE financing through a traditional bank, but through an entity that specializes in PACE and through an approved contractor. Proper Roofing is an approved PACE contractor, and we partner with several local providers of PACE financing.
If you’re interested in financing your new roof through PACE, we’ll help you with the application process. If approved, you will receive a breakdown of costs over a set period of time, and the exact amount that your monthly mortgage payment will be each month.